Lo Sguardo Italiano

Lo Sguardo Italiano

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Looking in detail - Guardando in dettaglio

From September until a few days ago I have spent my hours cleaning up the images previously shot in high definition, a task that is surely tedious but that gave me the chance to look at extreme close ups of my oil pastels. The act of looking in detail, searching for unwanted signs, dust specs and anything that I felt didn't belong to the original image has revealed a new world to me, different and related to the one I used to know, a world of painterly abstraction, which renewed my bond to those colors. At the same time the long hours spent on the task drove me straight into another abstraction, into the meditative nature of thoughts...

Da settembre fino a pochi giorni fa ho trascorso le mie ore pulendo le immagini precedentemente riprese in alta definizione, un compito che sicuramente è tedioso, ma che mi ha dato l'opportunità di osservare da molto vicino i miei pastelli ad olio. L'atto stesso di guardare in dettaglio, cercando segni estranei, granelli di polvere e qualsiasi cosa sentissi non appartenere all'originale mi ha rivelato un mondo nuovo, diverso ma collegato a quello che già conoscevo, un mondo di astrazione pittorica, che ha rinnovato il legame che sento per quei colori. Allo stesso tempo, tutte le ore spese nell'eseguire questo compito mi hanno portato direttamente ad un'altra astrazione, quella meditativa dei pensieri....

No comments: